Mercy and grace go hand in hand with each other. They are the heart of the Christian Gospel. We Christians are always taught of the value of these words. We talk about the grace of God and the mercy of God but do we know what they mean?
Mercy And Grace
As humans, we never fail to make mistakes and when we come to realize what we have done, our world is already shattered. We come to God and ask for forgiveness. We ask him to spare us from the punishment that we deserve. God doesn’t take any pleasure in punishing people, even those who reject him and hate him outright. He didn’t give us what we deserved, nor his eternal wrath. Instead, he poured his wrath out on his beloved Son. If not for mercy, we would have perished a long time ago.
The grace of God is that he gives us salvation and a chance to communion with him. He gave us Jesus to prove his love even if we don’t deserve it. In spite of who we are, Christ saved us to reconcile us to the father. God is lavish with his grace. He doesn’t just give us a little. He pours it out. If not for it, we would be hopeless.
The most famous example of these two traits in action is seen in the prodigal son. When he was accepted by his father and a party was thrown for him.
Love of God
Grace and Mercy are both manifestations of God’s Love and Compassion.
Both reveal the glorious and delightful character of God. Our response to the mercy and grace of God should be to fall on our knees in worship and thanksgiving.
“Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” Hebrews 4:16
Here is a song from the Beene Family:
- Keith Urban and Wife Nicole Kidman’s Totally Epic Love Story
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- What Happened to Patsy Cline’s Children After Her Death in 1963?
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- What Happened To Andy Griffith’s Children: Sam Griffith and Dixie Griffith
- A Closer Look To Charley Pride’s Wife and Family