Luke Bryan’s Knockin’ Boots was released on April 8, 2019 as his lead-off single for his seventh studio album titled Born Here Live Here Die Here. The song first hit the Billboard Country Airplay chart at number 48 and 25th on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. But after some time and a few live performances before the pandemic put a halt on touring, it quickly became a fan favorite earning him his 21st No. 1 hit on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart.
The song was reminiscent of sweet summer nights and romances written by Hillary Lindsey and Gordie Sampson, who also frequently collaborated with Carrie Underwood. Lindsey also wrote Lady Gaga’s hit single Million Reasons, among others.
Another co-writer of the song was Texan songwriter Jon Nite. He also co-penned Luke’s 2015 hit single titled Strip It Down. Then his longtime team Jody and Jeff Stevens produced the track.
When Luke Bryan heard the song, he knew that he immediately had to get in the studio and record it. He just can’t get the song out of his head and it was, so far, the fastest turnaround he has ever done with a song.
According to an interview with Luke Bryan, Knockin’ Boots was simply a fun song. It was catchy, especially the chorus. It was not a huge, intricate song and lyrically, it was built around a light-hearted sexual euphemism. It was a song that you can dance to, have fun, and just have a great time.
The music video of the song was dropped on June 28, 2019 directed by Issac Rentz. It was filmed at the Cowboy Palace Saloon in LA with Luke performing at an open-air bar. At first, the crowd was very tired and worn out but they eventually felt the groove as he sang.
On August 16, 2019, Luke Bryan’s Knockin’ Boots was certified Gold by the RIAA and as of November 2019, it has already sold over 243,000 copies. This is one of the many Luke Bryan songs that you should definitely listen to. You can also watch and groove to the music video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More