Lukas Nelson and Lady Gaga are perhaps the two names you never thought would come together in one sentence. Hence, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real’s “Find Yourself” in 2017 came as a bit of a surprise the moment Lady Gaga’s pristine voice was heard on the background vocals.
It was one of the first three songs the group released in advance before the debut of their 2017 self-titled album. And it did not disappoint! The soulful, funky song is filled with a heavy dose of funk wherein the pop superstar’s raw, powerful voice harmonizes Lukas’ so well.
“She’s just a gem of a human being, one of the best musicians of all time, and a great singer,” Lukas said. The same thing could be said to Willie Nelson’s son, whose songs could bend any genre in their own unique way.
Lukas Nelson wrote “Find Yourself” just after penning “Forget About Georgia,” and it has remarkably conveyed the natural progress of moving on from an old flame. The song tells the perspective of a man who’s tired of not being treated the way he deserves to be by the woman he loves. He threatens his woman that he’ll find someone else if she doesn’t change her ways. In Lukas’ own words, it was “taking my power back and owning the love that I deserve.”
Both Lukas and Lady Gaga give genuine, poignant deliveries making the song a frank glimpse into a relationship many fans can relate to.
Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real became well-known, backing Neil Young on his album The Monsanto Years in 2015. Lukas credits all the success the band is enjoying today from those amazing experiences, stating that they’ve all since grown so much – “the band as a unit and me as a songwriter,” he said.
You can listen to Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real’s “Find Yourself” in the video below.
Lady Gaga, Lukas Nelson, Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World
- Meet Stella Parton, Dolly Parton’s Multi-Talented Sister
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?