Loretta Lynn has an amazing song called “You Ain’t Woman Enough.” The message of the song is very timely for today’s political climate with the feminist movement uprising. If you want to hear Loretta’s original version of the song, click here.
Post Modern Jukebox recently did a cover of this amazing song. For those of you who have never heard of their group, well, they are a band that has a YouTube account. They do covers of all types of music and they make it a little bit jazzy.
Loretta Lynn Re-imagined
Post Modern Jukebox has a special way of doing their cover. They have been very successful with their covers that they have accumulated a total of 1.2 billion views. They rarely do country music, so their performance of Loretta Lynn’s song is quite special.
Three ladies performed the song. The two of them were in charge of the instruments while the other one is in charge of the vocals. The lead singer has the same tune as Loretta, and when they reached the chorus, it is where the magic happened. They harmonized really well and it gave a new sound to Loretta Lynn’s song.
You Ain’t Woman Enough
The song is iconic in all aspects. It was released way back in 1966 but the significance of the song is still felt today. It is an empowering song about a woman knowing her worth and knowing that no one can take her man from her. She knows that she gave all of her love to her man that it became impossible for him to leave her.
The track is a good confidence booster for all the women out there who continuously doubt themselves. Loretta Lynn reminds us how to be a strong, confident woman in her song and that is admirable.
Listen to Post Modern Jukebox’s performance here:
Loretta Lynn, post modern jukebox, you aint woman enough
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?