News came out last week about Loretta’s accident at her home on New Year ’s Day, suffering a broken hip. Fortunately, the 85-year-old singer-songwriter is in good spirits and despite all that happened. She had sessions of rehabilitation to recover from her fall. Loretta feels mad about putting up with her illnesses, watching TV. She hopes she will get better quickly. It is amazing she’s able to go through everything.
Early in 2017, Loretta shared her plans to release a brand-new album “Wouldn’t It Be Great”. The collection consists of new songs as well as a handful of her signature tunes, including updated interpretations of two of country music’s most acclaimed classics, the artist’s own “Coal Miner’s Daughter” and “Don’t Come Home a-Drinkin’.” The album was supposed to come out in August, but those plans were unluckily on hold after Loretta underwent a stroke in May.
What To Expect in Her New Album
Patsy Lynn Russell, her daughter, shared that her mother has been going to band rehearsals to finish the new album.
“That’s what she’s been focusing on. She’s nonstop but she’s always been that way — it’s what keeps her going”, Patsy said.
Based on Loretta’s latest message posted on social media, that album can possibly have a new duet. Her children and grandchildren had Loretta’s musical talents. Most of them are tangled in the music industry. Her grandson, David Russell, who she calls the “rocker of the family,” recently released his debut song, “Jack & Sally.” Being a proud grandmother, Loretta shared how she admired the success David has been feeling with the song. In a post she shared on Tuesday, January 16, Loretta said that David had succeeded to chart “Jack & Sally” on Sound Cloud and exposed that she intends to record a duet with David in the spring.
Photo credit: Loretta Lynn Official Facebook
We hope that will happen. It certainly would be great to hear! David sure has true talent. No wonder Loretta has every reason to be proud of him.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Meet Robert Lee Parton And How His Life Inspired Dolly Parton