No matter how long time ago George Strait‘s single “The Cowboy Rides Away” came out, it still gathers together fans of the classic country song. Last 12th of September, a lyric video was posted on Strait’s official YouTube channel, and we can’t get enough of it.
Here’s the video we are talking about. You can sing along if you want to!
The new Music Video of “The Cowboy Rides Away”
The lyric video featured old western movies. You can see clips from movies of Gene Autry and Roy Rogers. These are classic cowboy movies that perfectly fit Strait’s song and are even fun to watch.
George Strait’s Single Came out Year’s Ago
“The Cowboy Rides Away” is not a new song from Strait. It was a single he released in the mid-’80s. It came from his album Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind. His song was able to secure spots on the US Billboard and the Canadian chart.
The song written by Sonny Throckmorton and Casey Kelly ventures on the life of a cowboy who shares the pain and disappointments he had when a relationship ended. Since it didn’t work out as he hoped, his only choice is to walk away from it.
This was also the song he performed on the last day of his final concert in 2014. What a moving and emotional ending it is indeed!
However, it’s not a totally sad ending because Strait still performs it live occasionally, and he also recently released his latest album Honky Tonk Time Machine. In addition, his team decided to re-release his Strait Out of the Box: Part 1 album. His collection is out now, and if you don’t have it yet, you better hurry and grab one.
If you want to catch him on a live show, head on to his website for schedules and tickets.
George Strait, Lyric Video, The Cowboy Rides Away
- When Randy Travis Paid Highest Tribute to George Jones
- Josh Turner Honors Randy Travis with Forever and Ever, Amen Cover
- 49 Years Ago, Linda Ronstadt Unleashed The Eagles
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Meet Summer Duncan, Jon Pardi’s Girlfriend and Bride To Be