“Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
It is a popular song written by Ben Peters. Thus, it has been popularized by American country music artist Charley Pride. Pride’s version of the song was released on October 1971 as a single from his album, Charley Pride Sings Heart Songs. The song was produced by Jack Clement.
Upon the release of the song, it became Pride’s signature song. “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'” is Pride’s eighth song that reached the number 1 spot on the country charts and it was also his first single to reach the pop charts. The song peaked at number 21 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. In addition, the song spent 4 months on both country and pop charts. Billboard ranked this song as the number 74 most played songs back in the ’70s.
“Kiss An Angel Good Mornin’” has also won the Grammy for Best Country Song in 1973. Further, Pride took home the award for Best Male Country Vocal Performance for his Heart Songs album. His performance of the song has been nominated at the 1972 ceremony. Unfortunately, it lost to Jerry Reed’s “When You’re Hot, You’re Hot.”
Pride performed the song “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'” at the 2017 Grammy Award and has been honored a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Various music artists recorded the song right after it became a hit. In 1972, George Jones, Conway Twitty, Gene Stuart, and Roy Clark recorded the song and has been released from their respective albums.
About the Song
You’ve got to kiss an angel good morning
And let her know you think about her when you’re gone
Kiss an angel good morning
And love her like the devil when you get back home
The stanza mentioned above is the great advice from Charley Pride about how to manage a happy marriage. However, the song was inspired by fatherly love. Ben Peters, the writer of the song, had just welcomed her newly born baby girl Angela. His wife always reminded him to kiss the baby before he left home to work. From there, the idea for this song came out.
Watch Charley Pride’s performance of the s”Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'” below:
Charley Pride, classic hit, Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”