A 1973 duet proves how great the combination of the ‘King of Rock and Roll’ Elvis Presley and his ex-girlfriend songwriter, Linda Thompson. There was an unearthed recording of ‘Your Life Has Just Begun’ performed by the duo. According to some reports, they took the song in 1973.
Sweet and tender, that’s how one can describe their duet. Both Elvis Presley and Linda Thompson were harmonizing together in the recording. Surprisingly, although the audio recording is old and not remastered, their voices are still audible enough. It is actually an interesting hidden piece on Presley’s final days.
The couple broke up as Thompson couldn’t handle the hectic life of the superstar. In an interview with The Express, the songwriter shared that their relationship equates between 10 to 12 years in what she describes as a normal life. She said that being with the King was intense, like she was up for 24/7. Nevertheless, they still kept in touch until his last breath.
Eventually, after a year, they broke up, Presley faced an untimely death in 1977. This shocked his fans and supporters as they saw him in his Graceland mansion.
Thompson became a songwriter after she broke up with Presley. People commented how the latter’s magic rubbed off on her, which is a good thing as it’s like continuing the path of her past lover. You may have heard the songwriter slash actress’ as she became popular in country and pop music genres.
Kenny Rogers’ ‘Our Perfect Song’ helped her with her music career. Furthermore, she worked with Celine Dion’s ‘Miracle,’ Josh Groban’s ‘To Where You Are,’ and Backstreet Boys’ ‘Drowning.’ Eventually, she married David Foster, which, everyone knows, is a huge figure in the music industry. For their work, they received both Grammy and Academy Award nominations.
You can listen to their old recording of ‘Your Life Has Just Begun’ below.
Elvis Presley, Linda Thompson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance