“…unrecognized classic gems from a likewise unrecognized gem of a country artist…”
BEAUTIFUL IS TODAY—AS ALWAYS. And today I feel like talkin’ ‘bout one of them unrecognized classic gems from a likewise unrecognized gem of a country artist…
PRESENTING SIR RICK DAVID STEWART! Yeah, the British-folk know him as “Sir Roddy” but he is more familiar to us folks as Rod Stewart.
“…of the upbeat honky-tonk country kind.”
BORN IN 1945 ON JANUARY 10, Stewart’s music often took on a new wave or soft rock/middle-of-the-road quality from the late 1970s through the 1990s. Unbeknownst to many people (unbeknownst, what a word, eh? Hahaha!), Rod Stewart’s music was mainly of the upbeat honky-tonk country kind. A couple fine examples are, of course, Maggie May and Hot Legs. The latter, whose very amusing music video out in the country, we’ll be showing to you in a bit.
“Sexy-ness in an amusing kind of way.”
BOTH FUNNY AND FUN is this music video for, One: They’ve put in all the aesthetics of the Classic Travelling Honky-tonk Country Band. Goin’ abouts around the countryside playin’ they’re music then, eventually ending up playin’ for country folk at a farm. Two: Sexy-ness in an amusing kind of way. Integrating a be-fishnet stockinged pair o’real long, sexy and high-heeled pair o’legs, the scene reinforces the chorus that goes, “Hot legs… Hot legs…” So, let me pause a bit—PUSH PLAY—an’ see the video…
I TRULY HOPE that you folks enjoyed (and keep on enjoying) Roddy’s music and thanks for watching this humorously entertaining video.
This is Our Kind of Country and, as ALWAYS,
“MAY THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS US ALL AND SET US FREE!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce