“…unrecognized classic gems from a likewise unrecognized gem of a country artist…”
BEAUTIFUL IS TODAY—AS ALWAYS. And today I feel like talkin’ ‘bout one of them unrecognized classic gems from a likewise unrecognized gem of a country artist…
PRESENTING SIR RICK DAVID STEWART! Yeah, the British-folk know him as “Sir Roddy” but he is more familiar to us folks as Rod Stewart.
“…of the upbeat honky-tonk country kind.”
BORN IN 1945 ON JANUARY 10, Stewart’s music often took on a new wave or soft rock/middle-of-the-road quality from the late 1970s through the 1990s. Unbeknownst to many people (unbeknownst, what a word, eh? Hahaha!), Rod Stewart’s music was mainly of the upbeat honky-tonk country kind. A couple fine examples are, of course, Maggie May and Hot Legs. The latter, whose very amusing music video out in the country, we’ll be showing to you in a bit.
“Sexy-ness in an amusing kind of way.”
BOTH FUNNY AND FUN is this music video for, One: They’ve put in all the aesthetics of the Classic Travelling Honky-tonk Country Band. Goin’ abouts around the countryside playin’ they’re music then, eventually ending up playin’ for country folk at a farm. Two: Sexy-ness in an amusing kind of way. Integrating a be-fishnet stockinged pair o’real long, sexy and high-heeled pair o’legs, the scene reinforces the chorus that goes, “Hot legs… Hot legs…” So, let me pause a bit—PUSH PLAY—an’ see the video…
I TRULY HOPE that you folks enjoyed (and keep on enjoying) Roddy’s music and thanks for watching this humorously entertaining video.
This is Our Kind of Country and, as ALWAYS,
“MAY THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS US ALL AND SET US FREE!
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?