Unexpected fatherhood, a topic that Kenny Chesney’s “There Goes My Life” talks about, but men often dread. Being a father is no joke and is something good men respect. That respect, however, is also mixed with fear as the responsibilities of fatherhood from the perspective of a young man can be quite frightening.
The song was written by the country superstar along with Wendell Mobley and Neil Thrasher and was initially released in October of 2003. The story is about a teen finding out he’s about to be a father.
While the song starts up with fleeting dreams as the man gives up everything for his child, the song ends in the opposite. His grown-up daughter, his world, drives away in the song. In between the start and the end, the song talks about fatherhood and gives the listeners a glimpse into the good and the bad.
Sleepless nights are no stranger to newly initiated fathers, and these are actually moments one looks back on later in life. The song and music video shows the struggle of a young couple sacrificing for their baby, who turns into their source of happiness. When the beautiful angel grew up, it was time for her to pursue her education.
The song is also one of the many Kenny Chesney songs that was brilliantly portrayed in a music video. A movie-like music video of a young and ambitious football player turned father, the unexpected happiness in the young man’s life.
Watch how a young father realized that his unexpected daughter was the best thing ever in Kenny Chesney’s “There Goes My Life.”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012