The lines to Keith Urban’s “The Fighter” show that the new single is a lot more than a country song — this disco-inspired, jazzy country love song had Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood acting like lovers in a conversation, and it can be a sell-out.
It was officially released as a single on Feb. 6, 2017. It was co-written and recorded by Keith Urban featuring Carrie Underwood. The song is little about flaunting Underwood’s singing abilities as the case of showing his own. It’s not a typical duet, where there’s plenty for the girl to sing, nevertheless, it’s a vital position in the song.
“The Fighter” by Keith Urban was perhaps the fastest song that the artist has composed for quite some time. It was drafted with that idea of a mere conversation in the chorus. It was based on a simple talk he had with Nicole Kidman, his wife, during their dating stage. Some of the things they had said are in the lyrics – that when life becomes hard, he will be a fighter.
The track has entered the music charts of the United States, Canada, and Australia. And among Keith Urban’s songs, it was the first song that entered the Belgian and Scottish charts. Before the release, the song premiered at #25 on the Hot Country Songs, and in its released week, it re-entered #5 and reached the #2 spot in April 2017. It premiered at #44 on the US Country Airplay chart and peaked #2 in August 2017. On the Canada Country chart, the song has peaked the #2 spot and has been Platinum certified. It also entered the Scottish Singles Chart at number 52. The song was certified double Platinum by the RIAA, and triple Platinum by the ARIA.
Let’s feel the love in Keith Urban’s “The Fighter” by watching the video below.
Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012