Ever have that one memory that you remember to the last detail? “Unforgettable” by Thomas Rhett brings back those memories in a fresh but nostalgic tune.
Thomas Rhett wrote this song during possibly the most homesick places he could ever be in, his tour bus. He shared how this is one of the Thomas Rhett songs about those couple moments every pair has once in a while.
Rhett described the song as a story of a boyfriend or husband detailing every element of a memory that the subject shares with the one he loves. Thomas Rhett’s “Unforgettable” was one of the songs that seemed effortless to write but was actually quite piecely to put together.
Rhett shares how they started to write the song at 2:00 AM with Ashley Gorley, Jesse Frasuure, and Shane McAnally, but all they had was a melody. They all didn’t know what they wanted to write, but suddenly Ashley spilled out the line “from your blue jeans to your shoes, the night was just like you. Unforgettable,” which resulted in a eureka moment!
As described by Rhett, the song was written as one of those songs they just had to write. However, it turned out pretty successful as nostalgia usually comes during the most random parts of the day.
The song debuted at No. 33 on the official Billboard’s Country Airplay chart of August 12, 2017. The song also ranked on Hot Country Songs chart on August 19, 2017 at No. 13 selling 29,000 copies in its first week.
“Marry Me” was written during the same day as “Unforgettable” by Thomas Rhett.
Check out the romantic music video and see how “Unforgettable” by Thomas Rhett can bring out so many nostalgic memories.
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- Dolly Parton Revealed She Invested Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” Royalties in a Black Community
- Watch as Mel Tillis Sings the Song He Wrote For Kenny Rogers
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- Amy Grant and Vince Gill: The Story of Love That Inspires
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”