Even though it has been years since Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash passed away, their love and music will always be remembered. The couple is best known for their duet of “Jackson” in 1967. They made it enter the country chart, and they have also won a Grammy Award for it. However, this is not their only duet.
Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash Albums
The two began releasing duet albums since 1967. Even after their death, their albums were still released. In 2006, two albums were released posthumously. The first album, which secured a spot on the Billboard Country chart, was 16 Biggest Hits: Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash. It was followed by another compilation album, June Carter and Johnny Cash: Duets.
“Help Me Make It Through the Night” Rendition
Here’s a live performance from the couple in Denmark. They both looked so beautiful and in love with each other. Their version is livelier than the original one.
Kris Kristofferson’s Inspiration Behind the Song
“Help Me Make It Through the Night” was penned in 1969 by Kristofferson. He said that the song was inspired by the words of Frank Sinatra‘s interview.
“Booze, broads, or a bible…whatever helps me make it through the night.”
From Dottie West to Sammi Smith
The song was first pitched to Dottie West, but she refused to record it. Therefore, Kristofferson recorded it on his first album. However, “Help Me Make It Through the Night” became the signature song of the country singer Sammi Smith. She recorded the song on the same year Kristofferson released his album. Smith’s rendition reached number one on both the US and Canadian country charts. Furthermore, it secured the number eight spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Help Me Make It Through the Night, Johnny Cash, june carter cash, kris kristofferson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!