Losing one of the best country singers must be hard, but no one can do anything once death knocks at your doorstep. Anyhow, let’s go ahead and reminisce the life of Jack Greene, who is considered as one of country music’s best singers. March 14, 2013, marks the date of his passing which made a lot of country personalities mourn.
Greene rose to fame in the ‘60s with his distinct sound and music. Throughout his career, he was able to touch lives and inspire other people. Anyway, even though his death is heartbreaking, this man was able to enjoy his life and career through his fruitful years.
Jack Greene: One of the Best Singers
He was 83 years old when he rested forever, but he was able to influence and shape country music of today during his lifetime. Jack Greene was born on January 7, 1930, in Maryville, Tennessee. At the age of ten, he was able to play guitar. It seems that he displayed his musical interest at an early age. In addition, Greene was nicknamed “Jolly Greene Giant” due to his enormous height and deep voice. His singing style was so distinct that once you hear his songs on the radio, you’ll immediately recognize that it’s him singing.
His Achievements and Lavish Career
His career skyrocketed when Greene had his solo career with Decca Records Nashville. His signature hit, “There Goes My Everything” stayed at number one for two months. Furthermore, in 1967 he received three recognitions from the Country Music Association Awards. Plus, he was nominated three times at the Grammy Awards. Even Billboard magazine included him as one of the top 100 “Most Played Artist.” Jack Greene might not be around anymore but his influence and contribution will remain forever.
country singer, Jack Greene, there goes my everything
- Alan Jackson’s Daughters: Who are they and Where are they now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012