“I Walk the Line” is Johnny Cash’s staple song. He wrote the song when he was backstage in Gladewater, Texas, and the title of his song was suggested to him by Carl Perkins. “I Walk the Line” was recorded in 1956 and released after a month. Cash first introduced the song as a single and later included it in various albums.
Johnny Cash’s First Number One
“I Walk the Line” Content
When you listen to it closely “I Walk the Line” is a love song. The story tells of a man who’ll do everything for the woman he loves. He sincerely admits that because of her, he found happiness in his life and he’ll do anything to keep her on his side.
As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I’ve known proves that it’s right
Because you’re mine, I walk the line
Cash’s version is perfect, and nothing can be compared to it. However, despite being the best, we can’t deny that there are also some artists who put a spin to the song that turned out to be great; but not as great as Cash.
Dolly Parton’s Version
One rendition of “I Walk the Line” was by the iconic Dolly Parton. Although it’s not as great as Cash’s, Parton made the song sound more country-rock than Cash’s version. It’s still uptempo less the humming part of the song.
Parton’s cover became a part of her 1984 album The Great Pretender.
Here’s Dolly Parton rocking “I Walk the Line.”
What do you think of Parton’s version? Did you enjoy it or do you think she should have stuck to the original version? Share your thoughts to us.
Like us on our Facebook page.
Dolly Parton, I walk the line, Johnny Cash
- Charley Pride’s Son Honors Dad with “Kiss An Angel Good Mornin'”
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- LeAnn Rimes’ Version of Vince Gill’s “When I Call Your Name”
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?