The legacy of George Jones will always be remembered by the country music community. His greatest hit “He Stopped Loving Her Today” remains to be one of the greatest country songs because of its message and how George sang it.
In this performance, the country legend shows that all you need to have great performance is to bring out the emotions of the song. He proves that with his version of “Just a Closer Walk with Thee.”
George Jones Performs a Great Gospel Tune
The origin behind the gospel tune is still a mystery even to this day. The first official recording was done back in 1941. It has been performed countless times by country artists such as Tennessee Ernie Ford, Alabama, and Patsy Cline. With George Jones’ rendition, he was accompanied by a choir as his background vocals.
The singer performs with the right emotion and the audience was drawn to it. This is one of the reasons why people fell in love with George Jones. He is able to capture his audience just with his singing and beautiful melody.
I am weak but Thou art strong
Jesus keep me from all wrong
We could all learn with the song. It reminds us that there are moments in our life that we become too weak. Though this may be the case, always remember that the Lord is with us. He will never forsake us as long as we seek his guidance. He is there to help us if we can’t stand anymore. He is there to show us the path if we are getting lost and He is there to give us strength when we are feeling weak.
Remember this, Deuteronomy 5:33
“You shall walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess.”
Watch the performance here:
George Jones, just a closer walk with thee, Legacy
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash