They said that tougher times makes us a tougher person, and that is true. However, we cannot deny the fact that there are times when we just want to give up fighting for something. It feels like no matter how much we try, or when we even try, nothing changes or happens. This then disheartens us and weakens our will to fight. But we should always remember that despite all of these tragic events and hardships, we do not have to be afraid for we have Jesus beside us.
When Giving Up, Remember Jesus
When we have reached the point in our life that we want to give up, always remember that we have someone guiding us. Jesus promises to be there for us no matter what we are going through. He has the power to lead us and make us feel at peace when everything is going wrong.
“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.” -John 16:13
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
Isn’t it great to hear that we have someone to lean on?
If you know that something is weighing you down, instead of totally giving up or spending your time feeling sorry for yourself, seek the Lord. Ask Him for his guidance and lead you to where you should be. He will willingly guide you without you noticing it. Soon, you’ll get over what you are going through. Your hardships and trials will be forgotten because the Lord carries you along the way.
Let us know that there will always be light shining at the end of the tunnel, so do not give up on anything that’s dragging you down.
Here is a song for you to listen to when you feel like giving up.
God, Jesus, You Raise Me Up
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Inside the Grammy Award Winner’s Life: Meet Kris Kristofferson’s Children
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- 10 Best Country Two-Step Songs