The CMT awards show is over, but we still can’t get over it. How can we? It was a night to be remembered, with great performances and excitement in the air. The CMT awards show was certainly a blast! Even though it’s over, we want to still give you a glimpse of the winners in two of CMT’s categories.
CMT gives away eight awards each year. Since CMT winners are not selected by a governing body, fans are encouraged to vote for their favorite artist. This would not be tough for the CMT committee because all they have to do is count the over-all votes of the fans. Furthermore, CMT can avoid people commenting on their decision for choosing such winners. This is the only country music awards show that gives the fans the power to choose the winner.
Collaborative Video of the Year
Each year, a new set of names are included in the nominees of Collaborative Video of the Year. This category encompasses the best video released by a collaboration between two artists. Last year, the award was taken home by Kane Brown and Lauren Alaina for their song “What Ifs.” This year, six incredible artists were nominated again.
Here’s the list of this year’s nominees.
- Brantley Gilbert and Lindsay Ell – “What Happens In A Small Town”
- Darius Rucker feat. Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Charles Kelley – “Straight To Hell”
- Dierks Bentley feat. Brothers Osborne – “Burning Man”
- Jason Aldean feat. Miranda Lambert – “Drowns The Whiskey”
- Keith Urban feat. Julia Michaels – “Coming Home”
- Sugarland feat. Taylor Swift – “Babe”
The collaboration of country artist Keith Urban and pop sensation Julia Michaels won the award that night. Their single was taken from Urban’s gold-certified and top performing album Graffiti U. It was mentioned that Merle Haggard was also credited as one of the songwriters of the song because of the guitar riff that Urban incorporated into “Coming Home.” Urban took the chords from Haggard’s signature song “Mama Tried.”
Breakthrough Video of the Year
The CMT Breakthrough Video of the Year is given to the artist whose video came from an album with major success. The category nominates either a male or a female artist. This open category gives both genders the chance of winning the award.
Last year, CMT handed the trophy to Carly Pearce for her single “Every Little Thing.”
This year’s nominees for the category were: Ashley McBryde, Jimmie Allen, Jordan Davis, Mitchell Tenpenny, Morgan Wallen, Runaway June, and Tenille Townes
The fans voted “Girl Goin’ Nowhere” by Ashley McBryde. “Girl Goin’ Nowhere” was taken from McBryde’s same-titled album which was nominated for the Grammy’s this year. McBryde shared on an interview that her song was inspired by her teacher who told her that her dreams will never come true. Now that’s a painful memory that must be remembered just to write such a beautiful song. We guess McBryde’s teacher realized she’s mistaken now because look at where McBryce is, a successful country singer with many awards attached to her name. Way to go Ashley!
Congratulations to all the winners of this year’s CMT awards show. You can check out more articles about the winners of the show at Country Thang Daily.
Ashley McBryde, CMT Awards, Keith Urban
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012