Garth Brooks should expand that bookcase because he will soon add another award to his long list of accolades. He will soon receive the inaugural George H.W. Bush Points of Light Award for Caring and Compassion.
Garth Brooks and his Philanthropy
Points of Light, a global nonprofit dedicated to accelerating people-powered change, created the award to honor outstanding individuals who advance solutions to the world’s toughest challenges and exemplify the extraordinary traits of its late founder and the 41st President of the United States, George H.W. Bush.
Brooks said that he appreciates the award because it promotes love for your fellow man.
“What I love about it [is] it’s about loving one another. That’s what I like. This is an honor. Very sweet.”
Neil Bush, chairman of Points of Light had high praises for Brooks and his commitment to doing good to the world.
“Garth is one of our generation’s true singer and songwriter legends – but what many people aren’t aware of, is Garth’s commitment and passion for creating viable change in communities across America. My father always admired the way Garth used his visibility to support and lift up those in need. And much like my father, Garth is a true humanitarian whose generosity comes from his empathetic compassion for others.”
1999 was the year Brooks co-founded the Teammates for Kids Foundation, which converts sports statistics into dollars. Teammates for Kids is funded by professional athletes who generously donate based on performance levels in their sport. To date, the foundation has grown to include nearly 5,000 professional athletes to generate funds for children’s charities, focusing on children’s health, education, and inner-city outreach, and through building Child Life Zones, supporting youth athletic programs.
This recognition will be received by Garth at The George H.W. Bush Points of Light Awards Gala on the 26th of September at the Intrepid Sea, & Space Museum in New York City. Former Presidents George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, and Barack Obama will serve as Honorary Chairs of the Awards Gala.
Garth Brooks, George H.W. Bush, Philantrophy
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”