Eric Church’s wife, Katherine Blasingame, has been the biggest support to the country star. She is now a music publisher with her husband. She has been in the music business before Eric was, working for a publishing company and pitching songs to artists – and that’s how the two met!
The happy couple married on January 8, 2008 where they had a quiet ceremony at Westglow Spa & Resort in Blowing Rock. “We decided that it would be the ideal spot to get married, up in the North Carolina mountains, with just family around us. I can’t imagine a more perfect spot,” Eric Church said about their wedding.
And for a sweet treat, Eric surprised his wife by singing a new song he wrote for her, “You Make it Look So Easy.” The song tells just how easy it is for Eric to love his wife and how Katherine has been her husband’s refuge from this crazy world.
“You’re my refuge from the road, a safe place to go. When I’m out here livin’ on this ledge, and when I’m circlin’ the drain, you keep my crazy sane. And quiet all the voices in my head,” the song goes, with Eric baring his soul. There was not a dry eye in that sweet moment.
Thirteen years later, the song is still true! They have now built a special and solid relationship wherein Katherine Blasingame is one of the few people whose opinion Eric relies on the most – not only in personal regard but also in his music.
“It’s great now because being a publisher and being somebody in the industry, I can bounce songs off of her, and she has the knowledge, you know, to be kind of that sounding board of what I should cut and what I shouldn’t cut,” Eric said. “So, she’s one of those in the inner circle that I run a lot of stuff by.”
Though Eric and Katherine may not be one of the showiest couples in country music, they’re absolutely one of Nashville’s strongest unions, going strong after many years of marriage.
And to put the cherry on top, the couple is now parents to two gorgeous boys, Boone McCoy and Tennesee Hawkins.
Eric church, Katherine Blasingame
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Waylon Jennings Shows Off Amazing Guitar Skills at The Johnny Cash Show
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Watch as Mel Tillis Sings the Song He Wrote For Kenny Rogers
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash