Who is Eric church?
Kenneth Eric Church or better known as Eric Church was born on May 3, 1977. Today he is celebrating his 41st birthday. He first graduated from college before pursuing a career as a country musician. However, Church first started as a songwriter before becoming a singer. He draws inspiration from country legends, such as Kris Kristofferson, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard and Hank Williams, Jr. Furthermore, he is influenced by heavy metal music and hard rock bands, such as AC/DC and Pantera.
First Album and First Song
The first song that he wrote for himself was “How ‘Bout You” in 2006. His first song did a great job as it peaked at No. 14 on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs charts in 2006, for 25 consecutive weeks. After releasing his first single he followed it with his first album Sinners Like Me. The album landed on the No. 7 spot on the US Billboard Top Country Albums in 2006.
After the success of his first album, Church released more albums from 2006 to 2015. This included Caroline in 2008, Chief in 2011, The Outsiders in 2014 and Mr. Misunderstood in 2015. In 2017, during his tour for Holdin’ My Own, he recorded 30 songs per night for 61 days. He released the live album last April 2018.
The Outlaw Country Musician
Church fused country music and rock music together, therefore making his music enter into the outlaw country music genre, just like Willie Nelson. His country music style is seen on his album The Outsider in 2014. The single “Give Me Back My Hometown” was one of the standout singles in his album. The song was nominated for a Grammy award for Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song in 2014.
Happy Birthday and wishing more awesome songs to be composed by country outlaw musician, Eric Church.
- An Estate Fit for a King: Here’s an Exclusive Tour Around George Strait’s Texas Mansion
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Kevin Costner and wife Christine Baumgartner: The Ultimate Love
- Intriguing 11 Narvel Blackstock Facts to Know
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar
- Do You Remember Morgan Wallen’s ‘The Voice’ Audition Seven Years Ago?
- What Happened To Andy Griffith’s Children: Sam Griffith and Dixie Griffith