Marking his first-ever No. 1 on the country charts, Jon Pardi’s “Head Over Boots” definitely blew up for its unique sound and catchy lyrics.
In addition to topping the Billboard Country Airplay chart, it also peaked at No. 4 on Hot Country Songs chart while reaching No. 51 on the Hot 100. The song had the same success in Canada, too. On top of that, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) gives it a three-time Platinum certification after selling over 700,000 copies.
This song is definitely one of Jon Pardi’s greatest hits, leading him to a moment he has been waiting for – a moment that turned him into a star.
But the story behind the song is even more impressive than you thought.
Story Behind The Song
Written by Pardi and fellow songwriter Luke Laird, “Head Over Boots” recounts a man’s yearning to sweep a woman off her feet by turning and twirling her all over the dance floor.
Jon Pardi came up with the idea for the love song while hanging out at a dance hall with his father. As he watched young and old couples dancing at a local bar, he was inspired to write a song that would have that same effect on people – something people could dance to.
“It was actually like a positive love song about growing old together, being together,” Pardi said about the chart-topper, adding that it’s one of the easiest songs he has written.
Indeed, it was actually no longer a surprise when numerous couples have chosen it as their wedding song. In fact, Pardi revealed that he met several people telling him that “Head Over Boots” was the song they walked down to the aisle with or the first song they played after getting married, something the singer holds dear to his heart.
And with his aim of helping “country sound a little more country,” the romantic tune features a fiddle that gives it an old-fashioned country sound. You can listen to “Head Over Boots” by Jon Pardi by playing the video below.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton