There is nothing more worth listening to than great singers coming together to record a classic song. When Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, and Tammy Wynette collaborated for the first time, country music fans were excited! It’s a once in a lifetime event to see this three together. In 1993, the trio recorded classic tracks for their album Honky Tonk Angels.
Here are the songs they’ve covered for their album.
- “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels”
- “Put It Off Until Tomorrow”
- “Silver Threads and Golden Needles”
- “Please Help Me I’m Falling (In Love With You)”
- “Sittin’ on the Front Porch Swing”
- “Wings of a Dove”
- “I Forgot More Than You’ll Ever Know”
- “Wouldn’t It Be Great”
- “That’s the Way It Could Have Been”
- “Let Her Fly”
- “Lovesick Blues”
- “I Dreamed of a Hillbilly Heaven”
Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, and Loretta Lynn Cover a Kitty Wells Song
One of the songs that stand out the most was their collaboration of “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels.” The harmonizing of these three amazing singers gave the song a new sound and made it just as equally perplexing as the original version. At the beginning of the song, we hear voices of the mentioned singers, then surprisingly, Kitty Wells’ voice was heard too. She was invited to have a part on the song which is rightful not only because she recorded the original version, but she’s the Queen of Country Music.
Kitty Wells Owns the Song
“It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels” is a classic country song popularized by Wells in the early 50s. She courageously released the song as an answer to Hank Thompson’s single. Wells made history in country music when her single topped the country chart, making her the first solo female artist at No. 1.
Honky Tonk Angels on the Chart
The trio didn’t release their version of Wells’ song as a single, but their album was able to enter the chart. It secured the No. 6 spot on the Top Country Albums chart. In addition to placing at the country chart, their album was gold certified by RIAA.
What do you think of the trio’s rendition of “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels?”
Dolly Parton, honky tonk angels, It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels, kitty wells, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?