Teachers are the backbone of society. Since kingdom come, they have led the way and guided a plethora of people from all walks of life into their proper destinies towards the betterment of our society. Teachers are the movers and shakers of the world, and oftentimes, they do not get the proper thank you that they deserve.
But this is the day where we mark the celebration of every teacher and their efforts to make the world a brighter place. Multiple artists have come together to dedicate something from their craft in order to pay homage to the humble work of a teacher. Billy Dean’s “If There Hadn’t Been You” is no exception.
Billy Dean’s “If There Hadn’t Been You” is for a Teacher
The depiction of the start of the song focuses on the singer being down and alone and not being able to find their way in life.
A man filled with doubt down and out and so alone
A ship tossed and turned lost and yearning for a home
A survivor barely surviving not really sure of his next move
The chorus fills with hope and joy when the singer alludes to a teacher being there for him when he says “I would be like this if there hadn’t been you.” The lyrics are poignant and it hits your heart in just the right way.
Teachers are an important part of our lives, and true enough, if it had not been for them, we would not be where we are right now.
Listen to the song below!
“Let us think of education as the means of developing our greatest abilities, because in each of us there is a private hope and dream which, fulfilled, can be translated into benefit for everyone and greater strength for our nation.”
-John F. Kennedy, 35th President
Billy Dean, If There Hadn't Been You, Teachers, world teacher's day
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story