Known by many to be Loretta Lynn’s sister, Crystal Gayle made sure to make a name for herself. She launched her career during the ’60s where she started playing in the background for Loretta’s band. After her short stint in the band, Loretta helped Crystal sign with a record label so that she could release a record of her own. Gayle also made sure to make her sister proud when she released her song “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue.”
Crystal Gayle Sings “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue”
This classic country hit song would not have been a part of Crystal Gayle‘s career if not for Richard Leigh. He was the one who penned this brilliant song. The prolific country songwriter said that the story behind the track was that he wrote it for his dog. He was enamored by the brown eyes of his beloved pet so he had to write something about it.
This was the 2nd country hit for Gayle but is one of the most remarkable tracks in her discography. During the height of the song’s success, Crystal made a lot of TV appearances. It became even more special because she finally let down her hair during her performance, something that the singer doesn’t usually do. The track also earned the singer her Grammy award for Best Country Vocals plus Best Country Song for songwriter Richard Leigh.
I didn’t mean to treat you bad
Didn’t know just what I had
But honey now I do
The track teaches us to appreciate what we have while we have it. It’s not all the time do we experience satisfaction and happiness so we should not take it for granted. Sometimes, we tend to do this because of complacency. We are assured that nothing could go wrong but that is the moment where something actually goes wrong. So before ignoring our loved ones, make sure to think of what we will feel in the future once they are gone.
Watch Crystal Gayle’s performance here:
crystal gayle, Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash