You can hear Clint Eastwood quotes in movies, books, social media posts, and even in conversations, but not everyone knows facts about the man that started the famous phrases that we’re using today.
Who is Clint Eastwood?
Motivating, political, sarcastic, or funny, you can choose from the wide range of quotes Clint has made throughout his existence. Born on May 31, 1930, Clinton Eastwood Jr. is an American actor, producer, composer, film director, and a father to his eight children. He won accolades from the Academy Awards, BAFTA Awards, and Golden Globe Awards. The multi-talented actor lived the American Dream and conquered Hollywood both in theatre and television.
RELATED: Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
Top 30 Quotes
1. Respect your efforts, respect yourself.
2. There’s a rebel lying deep in my soul.
3. I tried being reasonable, I didn’t like it.
4. You should never give up your inner self.
5. We boil at different degrees.
6. Let’s not go and ruin it by thinking too much.
7. Fate pulls you in different directions.
8. If I was not a dreamer, I would have achieved nothing.
9. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.
10. You have to feel confident. If you don’t, then you’re going to be hesitant and defensive, and there’ll be a lot of things working against you.
11. I just make the pictures and where they fall is where they fall. If somebody likes them, that’s always nice. And if they don’t like them, then too bad.
12. Tomorrow is promised to no one.
13. Aging can be fun if you lay back and enjoy it.
14. If a person doesn’t change, there’s something really wrong with him.
15. What you put into life is what you get out of it.
16. Men must know their limitations.
17. Winning the election is a good-news, bad-news kind of thing. Okay, now you’re the mayor. The bad news is, now you’re the mayor.
18. The less secure a man is, the more likely he is to have extreme prejudice.
19. I’m a mentor to anybody who’s interested.
20. I’m a movie maker, but I have the same feelings as the average guy out there.
21. I keep working because I learn something new all the time.
22. Nobody looks like they did when they were 20, so why not take advantage of the fact that you’re changing, emotionally as well as physically?
23. My whole life has been one big improvisation.
24. I’m not a regrets-type person.
25. We are like boxers, one never knows how much longer one has.
26. I’m just a kid – I’ve got a lot of stuff to do yet.
27. If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.
28. I guess maybe when you get past 70, other people start asking you how you feel.
29. I do believe in self-help.
30. They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.
More Clint Eastwood Quotes
- I guess I’m living in the present more than the past.
- Every story has its demands.
- I’m a day-to-day-type person.
- Society is at odds with itself.
- Man becomes his most creative during war.
- I don’t mind telling a dark side.
- I have worked ever since I was 13.
- In past generations, people would try to play younger than they really are. My trick is, I don’t try to play younger than I really am.
- It would be great to be 105 and still making films.
- I always liked characters that were more grounded in reality.
- Society has made us believe you should look like an 18-year-old model all your life.
- I’ve taken advantage of a few breaks that came along and moved along with them.
- It’s always appealing to play a character that has to overcome himself as well as an obstacle. It makes the drama so much deeper.
- There has to be something in every role that interests you.
- I think there is a lot made out of age, and what age you feel.
- Why am I a star? It can’t be because of looks.
- As I get older, I tend to put more into family than I used to.
- I’ve had no problem harnessing anger.
- I’m not afraid to look bad on the screen.
- A Love like this happens but once in a lifetime.
What is your favorite Clint Eastwood quotes on our list?