Just like the American country music award shows, Canada has its own award show to honor the amazing country artists from their country. They are also jam-packed with incredible artists that we may know and haven’t known yet. This time we are going to take a look at the year’s winner of the Canadian Country Music Award (CCMA).
CCMA’s Roots Album of the Year
This year’s nominees for Roots Album of the Year are Black Mountain Whiskey Rebellion (Black Mountain Whiskey Rebellion), Both Ways (Donovan Woods), Heart of Glass (Jessica Mitchell), Juliet (Dan Davidson), and What We’re Made Of (The Washboard Union). All these bands/solo artists released remarkable records that we can’t even choose our favorite from. However, the jury has spoken and this year’s winners are two albums namely Both Ways by Donovan Woods and What We’re Made Of by The Washboard Union.
CCMA’s Roots Album of the Year is a newly introduced category to the award show, and therefore, Donovan Woods and The Washboard Union are the first winners of this category. It replaced the previous category known as Roots Artist or Group of the Year which was won by The Washboard Union last year.
Album of the Year
Another much-awaited award on this year’s CCMA is the winner of Album of the Year. This year’s nominees are The Fall by Dallas Smith, Feels Like That by The Reklaws, The Journey BNA Vol. 2 by Paul Brandt, Love a Girl by Tebey, New Tattoo by Tim Hicks, and State of Mind by Hunter Brothers.
Last year, the award was taken home by Canadian pop-country singer Jess Moskaluke for her album Past the Past. This year the award is given to The Reklaws for their album Feels Like That.
The award show took place at Calgary, on September 8, 2019.
Here’s a single from the winner of this year’s CCMA Album of the Year.
CCMA, CCMA 2019, Roots Album of the Year
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance