Miranda Lambert’s husband Brendan McLoughlin has been stealing some spotlight off his country superstar wife after they got hitched last 2019. And it’s not really surprising considering his model-like looks and fit body. But there is definitely way more to this man than just his undeniable attractiveness.
Here are 25 facts you probably didn’t know – and definitely should – about Brendan McLoughlin (and of course, his marriage with Miranda Lambert). Scroll away!
- Brendan was born on October 4, 1991, to parents James McLoughlin and Inova Valerio McLoughlin, and he has two siblings – a sister named Jocelyn and a brother named Patrick.
- Born and raised in Staten Island, New York, Brendan is undeniably a city boy at heart.
- In 2009, he graduated from Monsignor Farrell High School. During his time there, he ran track and even competed in the indoor track and field state championships. He also participated in relay, hurdles, and pole vaults as well.
- And with his dashingly good looks, it was no surprise that he tried to explore a modeling career. In October 2010, 19-year-old Brendan created his own profile on Model Mayhem, a popular site that helps models network themselves, connect with employers, and even land jobs. The page was last updated in 2011 and featured a shirtless photo of Brendan.
- For those who are curious, Brendan has blue eyes, stands 5’11, and wears a 10.5 size shoe.
- Brendan pursued a career as a police officer and was assigned to NYPD’s Midtown South Precinct in 2013. During his time there, he also had some fun working and fighting crimes with canine officers.
- Brendan’s mom, Inova Valeria, was a retired NYPD detective. Looks like the crime-fighter genes were strong with him and inspired him to follow in his mom’s footsteps.
- But being a police officer does not mean serious work every time. In fact, cops also know how to have a good time. In 2015, NYPD officer McLoughlin was caught on cam dancing to “Cupid Shuffle,” and we gotta admit that he has some moves.
- Aside from fighting crimes and having a good time, Brendan also participated in marathons. He even won the trophy for the NYPD in the Sgt. Keith A. Ferguson Memorial 5K run across the Brooklyn Bridge in New York.
- Brendan first met Miranda in November 2018 on the set of Good Morning America. As the story went, he was assigned as security for the event while Miranda Lambert was there for her group Pistol Annies with fellow members Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley.
- Brendan and Miranda were actually set up by Monroe and Presley, and soon enough, the two started dating.
- Caught in a whirlwind of love, the couple tied the knot on January 26, 2019, through a secret wedding. And on Valentine’s that year, the “Tin Man” singer announced that she was already hitched, which completely surprised fans.
- Brendan is actually 8 years younger than Miranda. He was 27 when they married, while Miranda was 35 (born November 10, 1983). But their age gap never really got in the way of their romance.
- Before Miranda, Brendan was actually engaged to college soccer coach and former professional player Jackie Bruno, but things went downhill for them after Jackie found out that Brendan was cheating on her while she was playing overseas. She broke off the engagement, and news of Brendan’s affair went public in February 2019 (just after he got married to Miranda Lambert).
- The woman with whom Brendan had an affair was identified as Kaihla Rettinger, an attorney based in Bayside, New York. According to Carol Bruno, his ex-fiancee’s mom, Jackie broke off the engagement after Kaihla messaged her to inform her that she was seven months pregnant with McLoughlin’s child.
- Brendan welcomed his son Landon with Kaihla in early November 2018, just days after he met Miranda Lambert on GMA. Miranda has been very welcoming of her stepson, saying that she and her husband have the best of both worlds, spending time in New York to see Brendan’s son and in Tennessee, where she has a farm.
- Officer McLoughlin went on a leave of absence after he married the country superstar and traded the Big Apple for cowboy boots. He often jokes about this on his Instagram, and his bio even says, “City goes country.”
- Brendan and Miranda’s parents apparently have a lot of things to talk about because Lambert’s parents are both in law enforcement as well. Her dad Rick was a former homicide and narcotics cop in Dallas before he started a detective agency called Lambert & Lambert with his wife, Bev. And this shared background made total sense on how the two formed a quick connection that easily.
- In February 2020, Brendan officially resigned from his post and took on the job of his wife’s security. You would most likely see him in Miranda’s Meet & Greet events.
- And of course, just like any country singer’s partner, Brendan also starred in his wife’s music video “Settling Down,” and their chemistry was definitely undeniable. When Miranda was asked why she cast him in a YouTube Q&A, she simply acknowledged how pretty his husband was and that they needed a video babe, so everything just worked out.
- Brendan’s favorite Miranda Lambert song though is “How Dare You Love.” In a CRS Panel, Miranda shared that he requests it every time, but she never does it. She also added that Brendan loves mainstream music of all kinds, and she hopes that fans love the song just as much as him.
- As a married couple, Brendan always gets surprised by Miranda, who loves to sneak up on him whenever he’s doing house chores, just like this one time.
- Before marrying Miranda, Brendan has had no pets, but now he has lots of them – dogs, cats, horses, and even chickens! In fact, their pets even made their 2020 holiday card.
- One of the couple’s pets is a stray kitten named Tequila, who McLoughlin rescued on a two-lane highway in Texas.
- Lastly, Brendan McLoughlin’s net worth is estimated at $500,000.
Brendan McLoughlin, Miranda Lambert