Fan-funded billboards supporting country music singer Morgan Wallen appeared just a day before the 2021 CMT Music Awards. The billboards popped up over the heart of downtown Nashville this week, including sites in the sprawling district of West End Ave and Broadway.
According to one fan, various groups of supporters joined together to begin a movement that supports the “More Than My Hometown” singer. If you would recall, the East Tennessee native has been disqualified from some music awards. At the same time, Morgan Wallen songs were largely ditched by country radio since he was caught on camera using racist language.
Wallen’s supporters initially raised funds to pay for a single billboard, but the amount they’ve gathered goes far beyond what they’ve been expecting, so they decided to obtain seven billboards instead.
“The fans are speaking. Enough is Enough,” the billboards say in all capital letters. “Music industry, we want to be heard.”
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Top Paid Country Musicians of 2020: Billboard’s U.S. Money Makers
- Who is Patrick Wayne? Meet John Wayne’s Second Son