Fan-funded billboards supporting country music singer Morgan Wallen appeared just a day before the 2021 CMT Music Awards. The billboards popped up over the heart of downtown Nashville this week, including sites in the sprawling district of West End Ave and Broadway.
According to one fan, various groups of supporters joined together to begin a movement that supports the “More Than My Hometown” singer. If you would recall, the East Tennessee native has been disqualified from some music awards. At the same time, Morgan Wallen songs were largely ditched by country radio since he was caught on camera using racist language.
Wallen’s supporters initially raised funds to pay for a single billboard, but the amount they’ve gathered goes far beyond what they’ve been expecting, so they decided to obtain seven billboards instead.
“The fans are speaking. Enough is Enough,” the billboards say in all capital letters. “Music industry, we want to be heard.”
- B.J. Thomas and Wife Gloria’s Love Story That Won Against Odds
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- From Being Ben Higgins’ Fiancé to Chris Lane’s Wife: Here’s The Tea About Lauren Bushnell
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World
- Inside the Life of Norma Strait, Wife of George Strait