Fan-funded billboards supporting country music singer Morgan Wallen appeared just a day before the 2021 CMT Music Awards. The billboards popped up over the heart of downtown Nashville this week, including sites in the sprawling district of West End Ave and Broadway.
According to one fan, various groups of supporters joined together to begin a movement that supports the “More Than My Hometown” singer. If you would recall, the East Tennessee native has been disqualified from some music awards. At the same time, Morgan Wallen songs were largely ditched by country radio since he was caught on camera using racist language.
Wallen’s supporters initially raised funds to pay for a single billboard, but the amount they’ve gathered goes far beyond what they’ve been expecting, so they decided to obtain seven billboards instead.
“The fans are speaking. Enough is Enough,” the billboards say in all capital letters. “Music industry, we want to be heard.”
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps