Two of the most recognizable voices in the world of music teamed up for a brand-new duet. Barbra Streisand joined forces with none other than Willie Nelson on the song “I’d Want It To Be You.”
The duet was supposed to be featured on Streisand’s 2014 album Partners – where the 79-year-old superstar sang duets with male singers including Michael Bublé, John Mayer, Lionel Richie, and Stevie Wonder. However, this particular recording was not yet ready, and the album’s release date was nearing. Luckily, fellow country star Blake Shelton lent a helping hand and recorded a version of the duet with Streisand to be included on that 2014 album.
But Barbra Streisand wouldn’t miss such a magical moment for the world.
Her duet with Willie Nelson will be a part of her forthcoming album, Release Me 2. The lovely ballad paid tribute to classic Willie Nelson songs like “On The Road Again.” It ended with the two icons exchanging a sweet banter.
“Can I ride on your bus sometime, Willie?” asked Streisand, to which Nelson answered, “C’mon, Barb, Let’s get on this bus.”
Release Me 2 – which is a follow-up to Streisand’s 2012 album, Release Me – features ten studio performances all through her career. In addition to her duet with Nelson, there will also be a version of “Living Without You” with Randy Newman, a duet with Barry Gibb for “If Only You Were Mine,” a rendition of Carole King’s “You Light Up My Life,” and so much more.
Release Me 2 will be out on August 6. In addition to its digital versions, it will also be available on CD with a 32-page booklet containing liner notes from Streisand.
In the meantime, you can listen to Barbra Streisand and Willie Nelson’s “I’d Want It to Be You” in the video below.
Barbra Streisand, Willie Nelson
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed