Do you remember the confident, country-loving, 16-year-old boy during the auditions of American Idol Season 10? Yes, I’m talking about Scotty McCreery. We fell in love with him then and thereafter. Now, here are 3 reasons to love him more.
The Unique Voice
McCreery has this deep booming voice made for singing country songs. During his auditions on the American Idol Season 10, it was the first thing that the judges commented on. One judge said,
“That’s a very deep voice for a 16-year-old.”
Well, that’s got to be what we call a classic talent!
His Love for His Family
Two years ago, he released “5 more minutes” as a tribute to his late grandfather who had a major impact on his love for country music. This song tells about the plea of a child who wants to be with his grandfather for 5 more minutes. The grief that he expressed made the audience miss their family members who’d gone ahead. This song was his first number 1 on Billboard Top Country Songs chart.
McCreery’s Love for Country Music
He established his career by composing and singing country songs. According to his official website, he loves country because it’s classic and timeless. Furthermore, he added that positive values are encouraged in contrast to other music styles that encourage the youth to be rebellious and be trouble makers. This makes country music great, meaningful, full of emotion, and a great storyteller.
Scotty McCreery is the grand champion of the American Idol Season 10. After his victory, he had toured around the country together with his other fellow contestants. One of the notable performances he had was during the Annual Holiday Celebration. It was attended by none other than the former President of the United States, Barack Obama.
Here is McCreery’s country song medley performance from the Grand Ole Opry:
A Little More Country Than That, country medley, Scotty McCreery
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!