Ranking songs can be very subjective at times, so take this article with a grain of salt and share your thoughts if you agree or not. For this list, we will be looking at the songs of the 1950s and see which track was decided by country fans to be the best.
Are you ready to find out what is the best song in 1950? Well, here it is.
1950’s Best Country Song: “I Walk The Line”
Johnny Cash’s “I Walk The Line” is very iconic in many ways. It is a love song dedicated to his first wife, Vivian. Although many claimed that this song was also dedicated to June Carter. Nonetheless, the song is great and is still being listened to by country fans of today.
This is also one of the most famous Johnny Cash songs out of all his music. In fact, this track was used in his biopic movie starring Joaquin Phoenix as Cash and Reese Witherspoon as June Carter. This was also Cash’s first chart-topping song and maybe that is why people voted for it as the best 1950’s country song. That is a huge feat considering all the other songs that came from that year, but this is Johnny Cash we are talking about. He is considered to be a country legend so this is not a surprise to anyone.
Other 1950’s Hit
This ranking list was done by a website called Ranker. They collect the votes of their viewers and rank them according to the majority of votes. Therefore, we can say that these songs (listed down below) is mostly based on the favorite songs of the voters and not necessarily a ranking about the quality of the song.
- “I Walk the Line” (Johnny Cash)
- “Your Cheating Heart” (Hank Williams)
- “Hey Good Lookin'” (Hank Williams)
- “Walkin’ After Midnight” (Patsy Cline)
- “El Paso” (Martin Robbins)
- “The Battle of New Orleans” (Johnny Horton)
- “Cold, Cold Heart” (Hank Williams)
- “Oh Lonesome Me” (Don Gibson)
- “A White Sport Coat” (Marty Robbins)
- “Jambalaya” (Hank Williams)
Johnny Cash might have topped the list, but the true winner here is Hank Williams. His songs were able to take four spots out of ten in the list. Click here to see the continuation of the list.
Listen to the Best Country Song of 1950 here:
best of the best, hank williams, Johnny Cash, walk the line
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story