Wynonna Judd, the other half of the Judds, is celebrating her 55th birthday today. She was born in Kentucky on the 30th of May in 1964. Musical talent runs in the family so it would be natural for her to be as good as her mother.
The Rise of Wynonna Judd and Naomi Judd
In the 1980s, they came and established their name as one of the most successful duos in country music. The Judds proved that they can make successful hits with their songs like “Why Not Me,” “Girls Night Out,” “Change of Heart,” “Let Me Tell You About Love,” and many more.
All in all, they sold over 20 million albums in their career as a duo. They also proved that they can snatch awards for the music they made. This female duo won not one, not two, but FIVE Grammy awards.
They won Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for “Why Not Me.” In addition, they also won Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal for “Love Can Build A Bridge.”
Things You Might Not Know About Wynonna Judd
Before being known as the other half of the Judds, Wynonna’s name was Christina Claire Ciminella. Wynonna got Ciminella as her family name when she was born.
Wynonna has a sister. The actress Ashley Judd is her sister from her father, Michael Ciminella. This family has a complicated past. In fact, Wynonna did not invite her mother and two sisters at her wedding.
Sources say that they had an issue when Ashley Judd released a book that might have to do with their family. No matter what the case may be, Wynonna is now happy with her life and the legacy that she will leave.
Listen to one of her songs here:
The Judds, Wynonna Judd
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?