Country superstar, Thomas Rhett, has released the uptempo “Look What God Gave Her” as the first single from his fourth studio album. This upbeat song finds Thomas Rhett honoring his wife Lauren and recognizing God that helped her be the woman she is now.
Thomas Rhett stated his dad, Rhett Akins, and some of his friends (Jacob Kasher, Julian Bunetta, Josh Ryan, and Ammar Malik) began composing the song without him. While Rhett was on tour, they played it for him, and he liked it – he only thought of making a few changes.
He wanted to alter some words in the second verse, add a bridge, and then when they did, it became among those songs that became extremely catchy. Thomas Rhett admired what the song was saying – how he can perform a song about praising God for all of the wondrous things he gave to Lauren, being an amazing mother.
The music video for the song highlights the singer’s wife, Lauren Akins, and their daughters, Ada James and Willa Gray. “Being able to feature them and honor these powerful women together with my family was such an extraordinary experience,” the singer said.
Thomas Rhett’s song was released for download on February 28, 2019. With 19,000 copies sold in its first week, it was the chart-topping country digital song of the week, and immediately ranked 5th on the Hot Country songs in March 2019, and reached the 3rd spot in June 2019. It also became Rhett’s thirteenth No. 1 on the Country Airplay chart in June. It was certified Platinum by the RIAA for 1,000,000 units in combined sales and streams in October 2019.
You can listen to “Look What God Gave Her” by Thomas Rhett in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012