The Judds were the best mother-daughter duo of the ’90s because of their influence on country music. They are known for their hits such as “Why not Me?” “Have Mercy,” “Girls Night Out,” and “Love is Alive.”
They have great songs but their “Love can Build a Bridge” has the best message out of all the other tracks. It was released back in 1990, under the album of the same name.
Behind the Judds’ Song
The song was written by Naomi Judd (the other half of the Judds), John Jarvis, and prolific songwriter Paul Overstreet. It was a team of three artists who came up with the song. In an interview, Jarvis has this to say:
“Naomi Judd handed me a set of lyrics she had written which was inspired by a conversation she had with Paul Overstreet. I immediately heard a melody and wrote it in literally 15 minutes. What took the most time was finding the right feel for the final recording. I believe we recorded it two or three different times before they were happy.”
It was not a commercial hit for the country duo but it definitely gained the attention of award-giving bodies. It won the Grammy’s Song of the Year back in 1992 because of the strong message behind the track.
I would whisper love so loudly, every heart could understand
Love and only love can join the tribes of man, not trials
Our nation is divided right now due to polarizing issues that arise each day. Whether it be about religion, politics, gender discrimination or racial discrimination, we all have a side to defend. This is where it gets tough because the discussions are turning into hate speeches.
Why must this be the case? Well, we just have to remember the Judds‘ message in their song. Love can build a bridge so it must be our tool when communicating with other people. When discussing our differences, we should find common ground and similarity with each other. All of these are be possible if we are loving people who are capable of understanding each other no matter how different they are.
Listen to the Judds’ song here:
love can build a bridge, The Judds
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance