Noble Ray Price professionally known as Ray Price was a popular American country music singer, singer, and guitarist in 1948-2013.
He has spent over 65 years in the country music industry. His wide ranging baritone made him as one of the best male voices of country music. Also, his innovations like the propelling country beat known as the “Ray Price beat” helped him become popular.
Furthermore, Ray Price was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. His hit singles and albums became huge successes in his musical career. However, he passed away last December 16 2013 because of cancer.
Now, let us look back on one of his classic hit, “You’re the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me.”
“You’re the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me”
It is a ballad written by American songwriter, Jim Weatherly. Ray Price popularized this song in the 1970s.
Price’s version was released in July 1973 as a single from his album, The Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me. Upon release, “You’re the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me” entered the country chart and reached number 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
His version was his 7th hit single and his number 1 single that is featured on the radio program, American Country Countdown. Owed to its popularity, the track has been covered by many music artists.
The Lyrics Breakdown
If anyone should ever write my life story
For whatever reason there might be
You’d be there between each line of pain and glory
‘Cause you’re the best thing that ever happened to me
You’re the best thing that ever happened to me
“You’re the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me” is one profound love song from its narrator’s perspective. He tells about the pain and agony he felt the moment he remembered his beloved. That said, it isn’t hard for us to relate with this track because we’ve all experienced heartaches.
Listen to Ray Price’s “You’re the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me” here:
classic hit, ray price, You're the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”