Alabama’s Randy Owen has been honored with a special award from the Boy Scouts of America in his home state, Alabama.
Owen has been the lead vocalist of legendary Alabama, the most successful and most awarded band in country music history. Their careers have spanned for over 50 years.
A member of the Country Music Hall of Fame with his bandmates, Owen’s recording career has 30 number one singles on the Billboard charts and more than 75 million record sales as the band continue to perform on select concert dates.
Owen was in attendance at the organization’s American Values luncheon on the 20th of March in Anniston, Alabama. This was where he received the award.
The Boy Scout Honor
The City of Anniston’s local Boy Scouts chapter, the Choccolocco district, were the ones who presented Owen with the boy scout honor ‘Heart of an Eagle Award.’ This signifies an individual who shows “compassion for their community through leadership, character, and integrity.”
Owen has been known to set his focus on charity work. He founded the annual St. Jude Country Cares for Kids Radiothon, which celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. He received the Ellis Island Award for his charity work in St. Jude. Alabama. He has raised more than $800 million from St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
With Alabama’s collective efforts, they have spearheaded several disaster recovery fundraisers. That included a tornado relief efforts for Tuscaloosa, Alabama back in 2011 and for Jacksonville State University in March of 2018.
Owen expressed his gratitude for the award that he received.
“It’s a great honor to be recognized by the Boy Scouts of America. I admire the great people who make scouting a wonderful lifetime experience for our state and country.”
He also snapped a photo and shared it on his social media account.
Alabama, Boy Scout, Randy Owen
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Tennessee Whiskey Dad, Kris Jones’ Bumpy Road Before Fame
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free