Another Signature Song of Bill Anderson
In 1969, the “Whispering” Bill Anderson has written and recorded another hit that became the No. 1 song of that year. His fourth single that topped the chart, “My Life (Throw it Away if I Want To), was released originally in March 1969. It charted on the Billboard Hot Country Singles’ topmost position making it another signature song for Anderson. Prior to this, the singer became popularly-known for his previous number one single “Still”. The tune enjoyed its reign on top of the chart for two weeks.
Few Thoughts About the Song’s Text
Most of Anderson’s previous major hits radiated sadness and pain due to lost love. This song though is quite different as it somewhat speaks about a man’s unusual life. Here, the male-narrator expresses his sentiments to his partner. Such sentimentalities are focused on the nonconforming life that he and his wife had him were bound with. He said once he tried to be the perfect man for her but there’s something that always drives him away. He’s been told by his partner a lot of things to shake his foolishness off but to no avail. She even tried to make him feel guilty saying that he’s wasting his happiness with his stupid acts but still, the man’s stubbornness persistent. Instead, his constant response was, “It’s my life, I throw it away if I want to.”
What about you folks, what can you say about the song? What do you think is the reason behind that behavior of the man towards his partner? We would be pleased to know your thoughts on the comment box below. Also, please do not forget to hit the like button and share this with other fans of country music. And, for your utmost reading pleasure and entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/ or like and follow our Facebook page Country Daily.
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?