Doing a Hank Williams Song Yet Again
We have heard a lot of country artists from today and back then cover this gospel classic. But, it is rare for someone so young like Ramsey to do a cover like this.
After some searching, we found his version of “I Saw the Light,” and it really was reminiscent of how Williams performed it. Many are calling him the next Hank Williams. I just know that he is gonna be the next big country star.
The good thing about the internet is that they can make someone a big star overnight. Plus, Mason Ramsey really has what it takes with the talent that he possesses.
Mason Ramsey’s Rise to Fame
We mostly know of Mason Ramsey as the viral yodeling kid at Walmart. But, this young boy has more country soul in him than most of the artists today. The internet once again proves that you can have a career once you go viral. In March of 2018, Ramsey was caught on camera singing Hank William’s song “Lovesick Blues.”
After a few days, people discovered the video, and it garnered 25 million views. This really was the talk of the town (or the internet) as it became the newest internet meme.
What is next for this young country kid?
Currently, Mason has an album out. It is an EP entitled Famous. He also went on to guest in the Ellen DeGeneres Show. On his interview with the host, he opened up about his dreams.
He said that he wanted to perform on the stage of Grand Ole Opry. He knows that it is a huge milestone for any country artist to perform at the prestigious stage of Opry. And guess what? He made it.
He got to perform his famous version of “Lovesick Blues” at the historic stage, and he got to fulfill his dream.
Listen to his version of “I Saw the Light” here:
hank williams, i saw the light, Mason Ramsey
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage