Lynn Anderson performs a beautiful rendition of “You’re My Man.”
Lynn Rene Anderson, professionally known as Lynn Anderson, is a well-known country artist in the 1960s. Her crossover appeal and regular exposure on national television helped her became one of country music’s first female superstar. With this, she is considered as one of the most highly awarded female artists of all time. She was best known for her hit single, “Rose Garden.”
Anderson has achieved numerous major awards and honors. She is also referred to as the “Artist of the Decade” for 1970 up to 1980s. Today, let us look back at one of her classic hits, “You’re My Man.”
“You’re My Man”
It is a classic hit song penned by Glenn Sutton. Anderson recorded this song and it was then released in 1971. Upon the release of the song, it immediately entered into country charts and peaked at number 1 on US Billboard Hot Country Singles chart and Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart.
“You’re My Man” became Anderson’s second number 1 country hit. Years after the song became a huge hit, some music artists recorded their own version of it and it was published.
For once in my life, I know the meaning of happiness
And what it means to have a dream come true
Cause every day I wake up singing livin’ on the sunshine love is bringing
And it’s wonderful knowin’ that I owe it all to you
At last, I’ve got a reason to be a living
“You’re My Man” describes the narrator’s love for her lover. The lyrics mentioned above show that there is no one else in this world that matters aside from her lover. The love that was brought by her beloved is what keeps her going.
Falling in love with someone who accepts and loves you is just so precious.
Listen to Lynn Anderson’s “You’re My Man” here:
classic hit, Lynn Anderson, You're My Man
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?