What would you do if a music legend invites you to a classic duet? Would you freak out or simply pass out?
True enough, this thing happened when country music icon Loretta Lynn invited a young outlaw singer to sing an all-time hit with her. Sitting in the living room of her famed Hurricane Mills ranch, Loretta was joined by Nikki Lane for a stunning acoustic performance. Most notably, this is unlike anything one has ever heard in recent time.
— 𝔹𝕒𝕣𝕠𝕟 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕖 🌶🎶 (@TwangNation) May 5, 2017
Busy promoting her album, Highway Queen, budding outlaw singer Nikki Lane is living the time of her life after singing with one of the biggest names in country music. She and Loretta performed a great duet. Aired on April 2017, it was in concurrence during the filming of CBS This Morning.
The Impeccable Duet of Lynn & Lane
Having these two talented artists together was a decision that resulted in magic. Sitting on a love seat with a dog sleeping in between them, Loretta and Nikki enchanted and charmed the viewers with their rendition of Loretta’s “Don’t Come Home-A-Drinkin’.”
During the encounter with Lane, Loretta spoke up about the depth of their connection. She gladly said:
“I felt like we always knew each other.”
Undeniably, their duet was impalpable. While Loretta really owns the song with her great vocals, Lane definitely gave a perfect match. The blending of their voices and the harmonies added up to the beauty exuded in the performance. Overall, the two artists together with the guitarists rendered an exquisite and classic performance.
Watch Loretta Lynn and Nikki Lane sing Lynn’s hit song, “Don’t Come Home-A-Drinkin’:”
Any thoughts? Tell us what you think. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit, folks! For more country reads, visit our website. Follow us also on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
don't come home-a-drinkin', Loretta Lynn, nikki lane
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012