Keith Urban shows his love and support for Taylor Swift in one of his sets in the Washington State Fair. It was there where he took the opportunity to unveil a very passionate cover of Swift’s “Lover.”
Keith Urban Covers “Lover”
“Every now and then you hear a song that you love and wish you’d written and a HUGE thnx to my band as well—we didn’t get to rehearse so this is us fully winging it.”
Urban delivered a very heartfelt version of the love song and it not only swooned the whole crowd, but it also sent Swift into excitement.
“Keith Urban covering ‘Lover’ flawlessly. I am screaming. This is so beautiful.”
Like the song, the album holds a special place in Swift’s heart, as this is the first-ever that she got the chance to own her work, she expressed in an interview with Good Morning America’s Robin Roberts.
“It’s the first one that I will own of my work. My contract says that starting November 2020, so next year, I can record albums one through five all over again, so I’m very excited about it. I just think that artists deserve to own their work. I just feel very passionately about that.”
The superstar broke records again with the sales of her current studio album. In a single week, Lover netted about 867,000 equivalent album units in the US, according to Billboard.
Lover is Swift’s sixth studio album, and her first under the auspices of a new recording contract with Republic Records, after parting ways with Big Machine Label Group.
Lover was released on the 23rd of August and the record includes songs “ME!” featuring Brendon Urie from Panic! at the Disco, and the GLAAD-themed anthem “You Need to Calm Down,” of which has a music video with a star-studded cast and LGBTQ+ advocates such as Ellen DeGeneres, Katy Perry, Adam Lambert, and Laverne Cox, among others.
Watch the captivating performance here!
keith urban, Lover, taylor swift
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Joe Diffie Songs That Turned Him Into An Icon To Many Country Fans