Jon Pardi is known as the torch-carrier of the hardcore country back in the heyday of bro-country during the 2010s. He started his career opening up for his labelmate Dierks Bentley and in 2015, he finally got his breakthrough with his album California Sunrise with hit number one singles “Head Over Boots” and “Dirt on My Boots.” So, here are 15 facts you may not know yet about the country singer.
1. Jon Pardi was born on May 20, 1985 in Dixon, California. Growing up, he listened to ’90s country, which was also his grandmother’s favorite. They listened from Waylon Jennings to George Strait and many more.
2. At age 7, he already started singing. And at his dad’s birthday party, he performed Garth Brooks’ “Friends in Low Places.”
3. Shortly after picking up a guitar and getting into classic rock, he started writing music at 12 years old. Two years later, he formed his own band.
4. After graduating from Dixon High School, Jon formed a duo with his friend Chase McGrew. Then they moved to Chico, California where they attended Butte Junior College and played in a band called Northern Comfort. In 2008, the duo split, and Jon went to Nashville to pursue music.
5. He worked as a lifeguard before landing a publishing deal with Capitol Records.
6. He used to open acts for labelmate Dierks Bentley during his tours.
7. “Missin’ You Crazy” was his debut single. He penned this song with Bart Butler and Monty Holmes and was released in the spring of 2012.
8. Jon earned his first country top 10 with “Up All Night.” This song was released in 2013 and was written by him alongside Brett Beavers and Bart Butler.
9. He got his breakthrough success after releasing his 2015 album California Sunrise.
The album had two hit number one singles titled “Head Over Boots” and “Dirt on My Boots.”
10. In 2017, Jon’s dream of performing at the CMA finally came true.
11. He auditioned for Season 3 of XVoice, where he performed his own song, “Heartache on the Floor,” but sadly, no one turned for him.
12. Jon appeared as a guest on American Idol’s Season Finale in 2019.
13. Jon Pardi’s net worth is estimated to be around $8 million thanks to his album and single sales as well as concerts and tours.
14. He proposed to his girlfriend, hairdresser Summer Duncan on October 2, 2018 during his concert at the Ryman Auditorium.
15. Jon Pardi and Summer Duncan exchanged vows last November 21, 2020.
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Story Behind Garth Brooks’ Divorce That Cost Him Millions
- Willie Nelson Held Back Tears as His Friends Sang Him “Seven Spanish Angels”
- 12 Deacon Frey Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend