James Otto holds some huge hits that we keep playing through the years. His muscular voice gained the attention of millions of fans. His charismatic stage presence earned him the respect of industry gatekeepers.
James Otto was born on July 29, 1973, at the Fort Lewis Army Base in Washington. After graduating from Kiona-Benton High School, Otto joined the United States Navy and served for two years.
In 1998, he moved to Nashville, Tennessee, and attended songwriters’ nights. Three years later, he joined the MuzikMafia, a group of country music songwriters which includes Big & Rich and Gretchen Wilson.
Mercury Records introduced him to country radio and a national audience. However, it was with Warner Bros that his career shifted to high gear. Otto has also penned songs for John Anderson, Trace Adkins, Randy Owen and many others including the Zac Brown Band hit “No Hurry.”
Otto married Amy Alderson in October 2005. Amy gave birth to their first child, Ava Katherine on August 24, 2010.
Here are 6 of James Otto’s songs to brighten up your day.
1. “The Ball”
“The Ball” is his first single and it peaked at No. 45 on the Billboard country charts.
2.”Sunday Morning and Saturday Night”
This is his fourth single that peaked at No. 58.
3. “Just Got Started Lovin’ You”
4. “For You”
The song stayed for 2 non-consecutive weeks at No. 39 on the country charts.
5. “Soldiers & Jesus”
Otto co-wrote the lyrics of “Soldiers and Jesus” with Chris Wallin. It is a touching ballad that addresses the sacrifice military men and women make.
6. “Somewhere Tonight”
It is the latest song released by James Otto since his 2010 Shake What God Gave Ya album. He wrote the song with Corey Crowder, Patrick Davis, JT Hodges, and James Slater.
“With all the things that happen in life, sometimes you just need to break out, and that’s exactly what this song is about.” James Otto
for you, I Just Got Started Loving You, james otto, Soldiers & Jesus, Somewhere Tonight, Sunday Morning and Saturday Night, The Ball
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music