Country newcomer Jake Hoot and Kelly Clarkson proves to be a powerful duo with their newly released duet, “I Would’ve Loved You.”
The song features a dark, shadowy ensemble that matches Hoot’s vulnerable vocals, tugging on the listener’s heartstrings as the track inches on a missed chance at true love. This heartbreaking ballad is part of his debut EP called “Love Out of time.”
This regret-filled song features a two-punch emotional vocal power. It opens with Hoot’s vocals on the first verse and Clarkson catches on the chorus, both aware of how to play on listener’s hearts seamlessly.
Hoot is the winner of NBC’s season 17 The Voice and his coach was Clarkson. It’s a much-awaited reunion by the fans and as expected, Jake Hoot and Kelly Clarkson didn’t disappoint.
The country singer co-wrote the song alongside Lonestar’s Dean Sams and Jamie Floyd. It narrates a familiar story about the downfall of a relationship and how a single mistake can turn things around.
Danny Myrick (Tim McGraw, Jason Aldean, Maddie & Tae) produced “I Would’ve Loved You,” just like the rest of the songs in the EP. It’s a set that features five songs including the already released title track, a fun cover of “La Bamba,” “Somethin’ We Can Slow Dance To,” and “This Is The Night.”
Hoot told his fans on Instagram about the album soon after the mini album’s release. He thanked his family, his team, his writers, and the producer among all the people that helped out with this project.
The former Voice grand winner pointed out how he was “beyond thankful” that Kelly Clarkson, his coach, believed in his talent enough to sing with her in the song.
Catch Jake Hoot and Kelly Clarkson in their powerful and heartbreaking duet on “I Would’ve Loved You” in the video below:
Jake Hoot, Kelly Clarkson
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Meet Robert Lee Parton And How His Life Inspired Dolly Parton