“I Wouldn’t Be A Man”
This is a song written by American songwriters Mike Reid, and Rory Bourke. The song was popularly recorded by Don Williams. Williams’ version of the song was included on his 1987 album, Traces. Upon the release of the song, it ranked number 7 on the Canadian RPM Country Tracks chart and became a country hit in the ’80s.
Other versions of the song include Billy Dean and Josh Turner. Billy Dean’s version was released in October 1996 while Josh Turner’s version was released in October 2010.
Josh Turner’s Version
Josh Turner‘s version of the song was included on his fourth album, Haywire. It was then released under the MCA Nashville label. Thus, his album ranked number 5 on the US Billboard 200 chart and ranked number 2 on the Top Country Albums.
The album has sold thousands of copies in its first week of release. This album was composed of 11 songs, and 3 of those became a country hit. The three country hit singles were “Why Don’t We Just Dance,” “All Over Me,” and “I Wouldn’t Be A Man.”
About the Song
The words put in the song “I Wouldn’t Be A Man” show how a man devotes himself to his lover. It also portrays that he wouldn’t be the man he is now without his lover. Thus, the love has turned his life into a better one.
Remember that falling in love with someone has its good and bad side. The good side is when we fall in love, we get to know the person for who he is, and have a chance to show him/her what the true meaning of love is. The bad side of it is when we get comfortable with the person, we tend to ignore his/her feelings for some reason.
I Wouldn't Be A Man, Josh Turner
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?