Written by Lindsay Rimes, Seth Ennis, and Morgan Evans, “Hooked” by Dylan Scott is a country song paying tribute to falling in love – hard and fast.
But unlike most of the country singer’s songs, the romantic ballad wasn’t inspired by Dylan Scott’s wife, Blair – but instead, it was of the budding romance of Evans with then-girlfriend-now-wife, fellow country singer Kelsea Ballerini. Evans revealed that he penned the song shortly after they started dating.
Evans shared the “funny story” behind the song. The country singer-songwriter said that the song sprang from Ballerini’s social media post where she announced the release of her chart-topping single, “Peter Pan.”
Later that day, Evans met with singer-songwriter Seth Ennis and Australian producer Lindsey Rimes in a writing room. When he arrived, they badgered him on how they should write one called “Hook” for him now that Ballerini got “Peter Pan” – which Evans thought to be a “terrible idea.”
But when they began playing the guitar for a little bit, the trio decided to go for “Hooked.” “And we wrote that song, and we were pretty stoked with it,” the songwriter further revealed.
Morgan Evans – who wrote every song on his eponymous freshman album – actually had written “Hooked” with himself in mind but eventually gave it to Scott to record and release.
And when Dylan Scott and his wife listened to the song for the first time, Scott said they immediately found themselves jamming to it. He knew right then and there that he had to record the song.
“Hooked” was then released in 2017 from his self-titled album. Though it took a while for it to climb the Top 10, it did slowly but surely, reaching a peak of No. 2 on Billboard’s Country Airplay and No. 6 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart.
You can listen to one of Dylan Scott songs “Hooked” in the video below.
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021 That You Need To Check Out
- Dolly Parton Revealed She Invested Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” Royalties in a Black Community
- Watch as Mel Tillis Sings the Song He Wrote For Kenny Rogers
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- Amy Grant and Vince Gill: The Story of Love That Inspires
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”