Guy Clark: Our Folk Singer Superstar
Guy Clark is a known American legendary folk singer and songwriter. In 1972, Clark was married to Susanna Clark. On his first marriage, Clark had a son named Travis Clark. His home in Nashville became an open house for songwriters and musicians.
In 2014, Clark won a Grammy Award for Best Folk Album with “My Favorite Picture of You.” Multiple awards were received by the artist with Clark’s penned songs. During his legacy, he released more than 20 albums. Before he died, he penned his last song with Angaleena Presley named “Cheer Up Little Darling.”
Guy Clark’s Death
Guy Clark died on May 17, 2016. Clark died because of health failure called lymphoma at the age of seventy-four. Further, his wife died in 2012 because of cancer. Further, his father was a soldier who fought in World War II.
“My Favorite Picture of You” boosted Clark’s career wherein this album ranked number 12 on Top Country Albums. This song is his 14th album released before his death.
My favorite picture of you
Is the one where
Your wings are showingOh and your arms are crossed
Your fists are clenched
Not gone but goingJust a stand up angel
Who won’t back down
Nobody’s fool, nobody’s clown
You were smarter than that
Clark dedicates this song to his wife. He remembers the night when Clark was busy drinking alcohol with his friends so his wife gets mad. It brings back the happy memories they made. He even remembers the days when he took a picture of her and as he does, her wife gave her the sweetest smile. Loving someone who is now in heaven shows a different kind of love. They may not be with you personally but they leave footprints in your heart that keeps you holding on.
Death Anniversary, guy clark, My Favorite Picture of You
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Stella Parton, Dolly Parton’s Multi-Talented Sister
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?