If someone gave you a love letter would you keep it or throw it away? Some people don’t appreciate handwritten love letters because of technology, wherein with just one click you can already tell your beloved the things you want to say. I believe that a handwritten love letter is more romantic than anything else because it is where the sender puts effort into writing what they feel toward you. In line with this is Elvis Presley‘s song “Return to Sender.”
Elvis Presley’s Classic “Return to Sender”
“Return to Sender” is a deep country ballad written by Winfield Scott and Otis Backwell. This track was recorded by Elvis Presley and it was released in September 1962 as a single from his album Girls! Girls! Girls! This track was also featured in 1962 movie Girls! Girls! Girls!
Upon the song’s release, “Return to Sender” entered country charts and peaked at number 2 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. In addition, this song became a certified platinum awarded by the RIAA for having sold over million of units in the US.
Bright in early next morning, he brought my letter back
Return to sender, address unknown
No such number, no such zone
I write I’m sorry but my letter keeps coming back
Listen to Elvis Presley’s song below:
classic hit, Elvis Presley, Return to Sender
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story