On the 4th of July, President Donald Trump proudly stood at the foot of the Lincoln Memorial to deliver his 4th of July Speech.
Donald Trump and His First Fourth of July
All were welcome at the celebration, but the VIPs, especially the Republican donors had gotten some special treatment and, of course, the best seats in the house.
It wouldn’t be a Trump celebration without the over the top tanks and fighter jets that are on standby. His speech was broadcast by PBS annual concert in front of the Capitol. The fireworks were supposed to be big and grand, but the rain dampened on anyone’s plans.
The crowd was split into two distinct tiers: one closer to Trump, with everybody else extending the farther east, past the Reflecting Pool and the Washington Monument.
POTUS’ first fourth of July address was the first July 4 address given by a president on the National Mall since Harry Truman back in 1951. It was slightly out of character, for the usual presidential speeches.
For roughly about 45 minutes, the president celebrated the nation’s history and its military hardware. There were banners everywhere, and chants that ranged from ‘four more years!’ to ‘lock her up!’ Apparently, all of Trump’s favorite hits.
Of course, this celebration is not complete without protesters. The National Park Service granted a permit for protest less than a mile down the Mall from the Lincoln Memorial. It included the large inflatable balloon in the likeness of Trump as a baby.
Anti-Trump veterans were also present in the shindig and they handed out shirts for the USS John McCain in the intent to troll Trump, who has belittled the dead senator and the former prisoner of war.
Trump didn’t serve in the military or fight in Vietnam. He has given student deferments and bone spurs in his feet as reasons.
Donald Trump, Fourth of July, Rally
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?